Friday, March 28, 2014

Head, Meet Metaphorical Wall

Often in life, I find myself beating my head against that metaphorical wall muttering, “stupid, stupid, stupid!” More often than I enjoy, believe it or not, this happens to me. Well, today there I was again. And usually, the cause of this placement is so blatantly obvious that a solution comes to mind pretty quickly. This, however, is certainly not one of those times. I don’t know how I got here. I’m not sure what wrong move I made or thing I said… so I’m not quite sure what to do to fix it. I suppose instances like these are for learning.

Have I mentioned how I hate research? But the only thing I really know to do is dig in my memory and try to find that one misstep that shifted me onto the wrong path without my noticing it. Feet: they can be sneaky little devils sometimes.

The worst part about it all is my phone has been dead for days, since I've misplaced every single one of my chargers. I can’t even give my best male girlfriend a call so that he can have a good laugh at me and then help me figure out exactly what I did. I lost my imaginary friend a few years ago, so that’s no help either.

After burning through each of these options that would have made my thought process move along with a little more ease and grace, I realize that this time I’m on my own. The funny thing is, on my own is usually how I’d prefer to be. Sure, I love my friends and family and I spend a healthy amount of time with them, but I really like my alone time. And I enjoy fixing things… when they’re things I can look at and touch.


Well, I’m not really even sure what this thing is, but I can’t look at or touch it… so that’s a problem. Although I’m not sure what I’m going to do about this, I’m learning a little about myself as I try to figure it out. It’s past time for me to pay my most beloved friend a visit, because I sure do miss him. And I am absolutely more dependent on other people than I ever thought I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment